Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Hellbent video


I discovered this song and video back in 2001 around the time the world trade center went down. It is interperated by me as a powerful presentation of what could happen if our wildest dreams were exploited to the world and the effects it would have on our souls. I immediately fell in love with it. The clay animation style is no new art form however; before I saw it, the idea or story line that goes along with it had never fallen on my eyes. This is the music video to a song entitled "Hell bent" by the artist, Kenna. in further digging, I learned that this video had been originally an animated short by Mark Osborne called "more" with music from New Order. if one was to "youtube" this, one would find a plethora of versions of "Hell Bent" (the song) or "More" (the video). For instance, I've seen this video (More) played with a Radiohead song added to it and I've seen this song (Hell bent by Kenna) dubbed over an old Tim Burton animated short, "Vincent". Of all renditions of the song and video, I've never seen a better one than this. (which is the most popular). unfortunately I could not post the video on here because the embed code has been disabled but here's where you can find it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owS1coeoWEc


type="application/opensearchdescription+xml" href="http://s.mcstatic.com/metacafe.xml" title="Metacafe" />

2 comments:

  1. What a freakin' coincidence: I was going through old videotapes over the weekend and I found this video on one of them. I recorded it from Cartoon Network back when it debuted.

    It's an incredibly powerful video. It just cuts right to the core. And the song is great. I'll definitely check out the other versions.

    Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that's way too similar to my experience with it.

    ReplyDelete